Anyway, while Lucy Laptop was away at the spa I made good use of my time. I read a lot. I kept writing, on paper instead of the computer.
I watched pretty snow fall.
Of course I did plenty of pretend shopping with Pita, too.
Last night Celia took a while to fall asleep, and then she was awake on and off (or maybe the whole time...) between about three and five am. Chris and I were pretty tired this morning! So, clearly our sleep issues were not resolved like I thought they were. I just wish I could figure out why she's awake so much during the night. We also have to figure out if it's better to go in right away when we hear her, to try to get her to go to sleep again, or if it's better to just ignore her talking and hope that she eventually goes back to sleep. Sometimes I think she likes the attention of us going in her room when she wakes up, so maybe we shouldn't. When she's talking away in there and I walk in, I've noticed a sneaky little glint in her eye when she sees me... Little bugger.
As it was just getting light this morning, I noticed Cow Cat outside. In the snow, in 20 degree weather, in the dark. What is wrong with people, leaving their pets outside at night in the winter? And Cow Cat saw me looking out the window, and I felt so bad that I couldn't let him in and take care of him.
![]() |
| Poor Cow Cat. |
On a different note, Kerri was really nice to give me a little blog award. Things have been busy so I haven't been able to get to it, but I'll post my response tomorrow!




I'm guessing you're right that she probably likes the attention of you going in there at night. She's going to become conditioned to it if it happens a lot, I would think. Yikes!
ReplyDeleteYour snow really is gorgeous!
Congrats on your bloggy award!! When Kelcee was Celia's age if she would make a peep we would go in there and it become fun for her she would be all wide eyed and bushy tailed and it would take us forever to calm her back down, so when we would here her jib jabbering we would wait it out and she started falling back to sleep on her own....now this doesn't always work LOL she was up from like 2 to 5 this morning and is up now....geezy peezy I'm tired LOL....but all kiddos are different so....I'm not sure if it will work with Celia or not....
ReplyDeleteSorry 'bout Lucy laptop....hey do you get parenting magazine? They have an article in it this month about how it is common or toddlers around Celia's age to suddenly be afraid of the bathtub and it lists severeal reasons and tips to get them to like it again very interesting....I thought of you when I read it
xoox
Sums
My laptop did the same thing..although it met it's complete death when the husband kicked it off the couch..!
ReplyDelete