Monday, December 27, 2010

perfect snowy day

We had such a great day today that I had to write about it! We got blasted with lots of wind and snow last night.


and in a nest she made on the kitchen floor.


When Celia woke up from her nap she asked, "What that noise?" Sure enough, there were a bulldozer with a plow and a Bobcat clearing snow in the street. Pita watched for quite a while.


She Skyped with Nana and Grandpa, and then with Nonna and Zia, and Chris put together the table and chairs she got for Christmas. Celia ate a big dinner and had fun playing until bed time.

I asked Pita if she wanted to read a new book before bed. We got out one that was mine when I was little. It was one of my favorites: Peace at Last, by Jill Murphy. It's just the right language level for Celia now and she loved it. I read it to her twice and she still wanted more, so Chris read it to her two more times.


And look what I noticed in the dedication- a certain special name!


We had a great day and hopefully will have just as much fun for the rest of the week.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are getting as much snow as us!! Love the dusting on the wreath and your house is so pretty! Celia will learn to love the snow no worries! Greg and KElcee went out and sleigh rode and played today I wasn't able to from my little cold and immune system but I took pictures from our windows.....I told Kelcee I was sorry that I couldn't play in the snow with her today and she said don't worry mommy you will when you get better....what a sweet sweet girl she is :0)


    Love that the book had Celia's name in it how cute and yay that the little bathtub is working

    xoxo
    Sums

    ReplyDelete