Remember how a while back, Celia refused to wear her winter coat, hats and mittens and I wondered what the heck we'd do this winter? Well, now Celia has not only decided that she likes wearing hats and mittens- she has become a hat and mitten connoisseur! She loves to put hats and mittens on and wear them around the house. You know, for working in the kitchen,
taking care of her baby,
and other things like going for walks without any pants on.
As a connoisseur should, Pita has developed an appreciation for all varieties of hats and mittens. She requests that we wear our hats too, and that we all try on each others'. Yesterday she delighted in the discovery of a pair of polka dot mittens she hadn't worn before.
![]() |
| Contemplating important topics while wearing her mittens... |
![]() |
| Like hats! |
So, in addition to the resolution of the bath issue, we've really turned a corner around here when it comes to winter outerwear. The next question is: Will Pita ever actually want to play in the snow?






Lovely post!!
ReplyDeleteI remember going through the same coat battle with my oldest when she was three. At one point, we were in a store, she refused to put her coat on. As in screaming all out refusal. I asked her several times. (She was three) Finally after several asks I told her that she didn't have to wear her coat but would not be allowed to put her coat on until we were in the car. That's what it ended up being.
It was -27 degrees outside.
She always, always, always wore her coat after that! It was one of those hard parenting moments -- with people staring -- but, for the 17 seconds we were outside it taught her the lesson she needed.
Long comment. Sorry.
Love the mitten pictures as well!
We have a daily struggle with the three year old and winter wear. I long for the summer when we can just slip into flip flops and go. The baby hates his gear too. I have to wait until the last possible second to get him dressed. Most days I wonder why I even bother to insist we go outside in this snow when it's clear neither of the kids is going to cooperate.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, those hats are too much. Dmitri isn't a big fan of jackets either...luckily, living in the south its not the end of the world. But, I love that purple jacket! I would definitely dress my son it it!
ReplyDeleteWhat a CUTIE! We are so lucky our weather does not require all of that stuff! ;)
ReplyDeleteStill love the pictures!!
ReplyDeleteBlessings on your New Year.
Rachel
Love that last picture. She is a doll!
ReplyDelete