Short miscellany this week.
1) Chris's Grandma passed away on Friday night. She was a wonderful lady and had a very interesting life. Among other things, she was a painter. We enjoyed looking at many of her paintings this weekend. So the past few days have involved a lot of time with Blub's family, and the funeral is tomorrow. Chris and his sisters have a lot of nice memories of Grandma.
2) Chris and I got out of the house for a while yesterday and I got a calendar for 2011. Among the calendars in the store were several with this in the corner:
Recyclable paper?! What will they think of next? (Who falls for this?)
3) Last night Chris's mom, sister and I took Celia to see a couple houses with crazy Christmas lights, down the street from his parents. They're the kind of places where people drive up and park, and slowwwly creep by to look at everything. One house had the lights synchronized with Christmas music. It was pretty neat.
4) Today we're traveling home from Chris's parents' house to get Celia back toward her normal routine, and get a good night's sleep. I am really looking forward to being home and sleeping in my own bed. I'm such a homebody. My parents are coming down to stay with her tomorrow while we go to the funeral.
5) On a lighter note, I unpackaged the furniture for Celia's new dollhouse the other day. Calico Critters things have so many tiny little parts that I'm putting the smallest pieces away until Pita gets older.
What I really wanted to do was play with everything myself :D. I may have set up a room... We're actually not going to wait until Christmas to give her the house. We're doing it tomorrow! Celia won't know the difference and she could really use a new toy to play with now. She's going to be overloaded with new things at Christmas anyway.
Hopefully after tomorrow I'll get back to writing. Things have been off-kilter the last few days.

Sorry for your family's loss. :( Interesting how so many deaths occur around the holidays.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for your families loss and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time! I am glad ya'll were able to get out and look at Christmas lights to get your mind off things! My house is totally like the ones you mentioned where you slow down and have to look at everything LOL Greg says we are beginning to look like the Griswalds and it is so funny because our neighbor does the same thing ha ha
ReplyDeleteOK so how sweet to give her the present early she will love it and it totally looks like you are having fun with it too....a little secret I totally play doll house with Kelcee all the time shhhhh don't tell ha ha
xoxo
Sums
Oh Sweetie, what a loss! Are you guys doing ok?
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry for your loss. How awesome that she lived to meet your daughter, though! I never knew my grandparents so I am just fascinated by the whole grandparent world. I keep saying over and over how blessed my kids are by their grandmothers! Those dollhouse pieces are awesome! I may have set a room up myself. We were on the fence about a dollhouse this year but ultimately went with a Mustang for the "big" gift. The dollhouse will go in Noelle's room so I'm waiting to figure out what I'm going to do with her furniture to coordinate it - it'll probably end up being a 'just because' gift next year :) Hope Celia enjoys it!
ReplyDeleteso sorry for the loss of honey's grandma. it's so hard to lose someone who has been a staple for your whole life. i'm glad she got to meet precious celia! oh the dollhouse stuff is presh... makes me excited for my sage to get one one day! thanks for linking up!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear about your husband's grandmother! You guys are in my thoughts.
ReplyDeleteAnd I want a dollhouse!! Just for me to play with...haha!
so sorry to here about your hubs grandma. Will be praying for you guys.
ReplyDeleteThat dollhouse is precious! I would totally play with it myself too :)