1. I finished cutting back plants and pulling out potted things this weekend, so we're all ready for winter out there. The rosemary and thyme are still going strong and it's nice to have the fresh herbs even after other things are done for the year.
2. We're also almost ready for Christmas. I'll be pretty close to my goal of being done with shopping by Dec 1st, and we decorated early this weekend. Then all we have to do is fun stuff like make cookies.
3. I've made exactly one shopping trip to stores for Christmas presents. It was in the middle of the day on a Thursday, and boy did I think I was smart because no one else would be shopping at that time.
The parking lot was packed.
4. Remember poor Grey Cat and his grizzly demise? Meet Grey Cat II. Apparently when Grey Cat was the top dog in the neighborhood, Grey Cat II was just waiting in the wings for his big chance. That chance has come and Grey Cat II attacked my poor China the other day. Not ideal.
China is not happy with this new development. He loves to play outside and hates unfriendly neighbors.
5. We have an artificial Charlie Brown-esque Christmas tree named Otis that I bought for $17 six or seven years ago, when I wanted a tree for our first apartment. Little did I know that I'd be stuck with the thing forever. Chris will not agree to getting a real tree or a better artificial one. Otis is so pitiful looking. Someday he will make a nice second tree, but the poor guy really isn't up to being the main attraction. Maybe if I add lots and lots of lights this year, he will look better?
6. Don't be surprised, then, if I never show pictures of our tree.
7. Who am I kidding? At some point I will post pictures of Otis in all his glory. His homeliness will win your heart. Okay, okay, I can't help myself. Here's a pitiful looking sneak peak.
8. Celia's latest thing is that she doesn't want to nap. As soon as I mention it's time she tells me "No nap!" and starts acting crazy trying to avoid it. She does let me put her to bed but stays awake for a long time before finally falling asleep. Hopefully this will be a short-lived habit, because not only does she need her naps: I need her naps...
9. Outfit of the week: Celia's snow boots arrived on Friday. She wanted to put them on this weekend. It's funny because she wants to try them out, but asks to take them off almost immediately.
10. Speaking of Celia, she is 22 months old today! I'll put up her 22 month post tomorrow.
Have a happy Thanksgiving week.




Sarah I enjoyed your post and pictures.
ReplyDeleteI hate shopping in crowds and I try to go when nobody is there also...but from now on it will probably be busy.
I haven't started decorating yet. John and I are retired and we don't do a lot of it anymore. We do a tree, and a nativity, and candle lights in the windows. Now outside stuff, cuz I won't let hubby climb up high on ladders! And we don't have the energy we used to have. But we do enjoy Christmas and love the meaning. And we enjoy our 11 grandkids and their parents being with us. (:>)
Celia is so cute in her boots. She will be two very soon...and then she'll keep ya busy from there on out! (:>)
Have a Happy Thanksgiving this week.
Linda @ Truthful Tidbits
I love that you named your Christmas tree - too cute!! I hear you on the naps! I need them just as much as my Noelle does ;) She's almost 28 months so I probably won't get away with them much longer but I'll take whatever I can get mid-day! Happy Thanksgiving to you guys :)
ReplyDeleteMy toddler is almost three and with a five month old, I insist on naps. When he resists, I just tell him he needs to have quiet time in his room.
ReplyDeleteGreat list - found you through Lowercase.