1) We went furniture shopping this weekend and ordered a buffet! It's part of my plan for our living room and I'll share more as soon as it comes in- hopefully by Christmas.
2) Speaking of Christmas, on the way home from the furniture store we happened upon a radio station that's already playing Christmas music. AND, on my run yesterday morning I saw three houses that already have Christmas lights up. I love this time of year as much as the next person, but isn't it just a wee bit early? Although- I admit I may start playing some Christmas songs for Celia so she can learn them.
3) Chris is always getting crazy ideas in his head of things he wants to do with Celia. His favorite thing to do is to go on "expeditions". Expeditions involve at least 45 minutes of preparation: packing various survival essentials, dressing appropriately for a long stay in the deep woods, and spending the whole time telling Celia about the great adventure they're about to have until she's sick of the idea and has a meltdown by the time Blub is ready to get her bundled up and ready to leave. After the 45 minute preparation period, Chris and Celia depart with the expectation of being gone for hours. Fifteen minutes later, they return. I can't convince Blub that time might be better spent playing outside for a full hour, rather than spending three quarters of that time preparing for an "expedition" that will never happen with a toddler in tow.
So, yesterday preparations got underway for a great expedition.
| She loves her Daddy. Even though he's crazy. |
And sure enough, fifteen minutes later they were home again. Quite an expedition.
4) This article was in the Sunday paper yesterday. It boils my blood, though nothing in it is any surprise. Just another example of how big industry and the government are in cahoots, with the American public as beneficiaries. Yet another reason to go vegan.
5) Celia's hair is getting to be an awkward length. The other day I tried pigtails. They were cute and made her hair look much less scraggly, but of course only lasted a few minutes before Pita pulled them apart.
6) My mom and I pulled up most of my potted annuals last week and replaced one container with some berries and greenery.
7) I just finished reading The Passage
8) This is a short work week, with Veterans Day coming up. I will have a 5-day weekend :D
9) And, next weekend will be fun because I'm going bridesmaid dress shopping for a friend's wedding.
10) Finally, a special edition Outfit of the Week. There were so many contenders this week that I couldn't pick just one.
![]() | ||
| Pita's "expedition" outfit was last year's snowsuit. Although it's size 12 months and she's now 21 months, it still fits! We don't have to get a new snowsuit this year, I guess. |
| Is it just me, or do those shoes look too big? |
![]() |
| Patriots game was yesterday. As usual, the pants situation is questionable here. |
![]() |
| Hard to beat this one, really. |
Have a good week everyone!



Your husband's expeditions are cracking me up. Maybe one day they'll make it to 30 minutes.
ReplyDeleteI remember those awkward hair lengths too. I did the same thing with little pigtails, but it's hard because that fine hair just slips out so easily!
She's adorable!
Hey Sarah! You're right, us New England girls need to stick together! I'm following you as well. Your daughter is SO cute. Those outfits are precious. ;)
ReplyDeleteI too am cracking up over the expeditions! That is hilarious!
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen any Christmas lights up around here lately, but the town I work in has put up all the Christmas decorations on main street!
Cute pictures! I love furniture shopping, and yay for a new buffet!
ReplyDelete