Monday, October 11, 2010

monday, monday, monday

Miscellany Monday time! Let's see what's been knocking around up there in my noggin.

1) Clearly this is something I can't shut up about. I ran a marathon this weekend! The post about it is
here.

2) I have the holiday off today, but Chris has to work. I hate when that happens.

3) Oh, and about that marathon. Two days later I'm still exhausted! I guess it really does take a while to recover from an effort like that.

4) Has everyone read the Marie Claire article flying around the internet about the so-called "big six" health and fitness bloggers? Are you familiar with those blogs? What did you think?

5) Fall foliage is really in full swing here now. I'm looking right now at a tree out the window with bright red leaves.

6) Now that the marathon is over and mid-October is right around the corner, Thanksgiving and Christmas decorating will be here in no time!

7) We just found out that a place across the street from us is being foreclosed on and auctioned off next week. So sad. And so bad for other home values in the neighborhood.

8) Celia is going to be a little grey cat for Halloween. I found the perfect hat on Etsy. It will work for Pita's costume, and can also be her winter hat.

9) I didn't post a picture of Celia wearing her new hat because, well, she refuses to wear it! After all that trouble, I can't get her to wear the most important part of her costume. We still have a couple of weeks to work on it, so maybe she'll change her mind. It is absolutely adorable on her, but I can't get her to wear it long enough for a good picture!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for your marathon girlie!! I will have to read that post!! I am so super proud of you I knew you could do it! How adorable is that hat?!?! Love it....I'm sure she will wear it for Halloween I think LOL good luck :) That is the most presh video I loved her singing Twinkle Twinkle little Star and it totally cracked me up after each verse she was so proud she clapped, Kelcee does the same thing, you can totally tell ya'll give lots of encoragement as do we LOL

    great post
    have a great day
    xoxo
    Summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your marathon! I would be super excited too!! I did read up on the "big six." I think it is so sad how the MC portrayed those bloggers. They obviously picked a few passages from a few posts and ran with it. If they were regular readers the article would not have been written! I would love to see fall foliage! In Texas we don't see that much at all. You might see a random tree here and there with changing leaves... but that's about it!
    Love the kitty hat! It is just too adorable!! Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does take a few days to recover, doesn't it? And yes, the holidays are RUSHING at us,aren't they!? Now, that hat? TOO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete