Do you ever wish you could be someone else? Or some
thing else? Maybe an animal? Do you ever think about nonexistant places that you use as warm, fuzzy imaginary homes or safe havens? If yes, perhaps we belong in a padded room together. Read on, friend!
You see, if I could be someone else I would surely be a hobbit. If I were a hobbit, I would not mind being short, stout, and overly hairy because I would be just like all the others. No, scratch that. I would be the hairiest, most attractive hobbit in the hobbit village! And I would just be happy to be me. My hobbit house would be moderately sized compared to Bilbo Baggins'. It would have a small front hall, a sitting room, library, dining room and kitchen, a few bedrooms, wine/food cellar, and a beautiful English cottage style garden in back.
My hobbit house has one unique and magical property. There are chutes that lead to it from a variety of locations in my real, everyday life. Let's say I'm on my way across a parking lot late at night. I'm tired and it's cold outside, and I just want to be all cozied up in a nice warm, comfortable place. I see a manhole cover ahead, and I imagine that when I reach that manhole cover and step on it, it will open to a secret chute that I can slide down, landing in my armchair in front of the fire. Somehow, imagining this is possible makes me happy when I need an escape. Even when I have trouble falling asleep at night, I can use imagery to place myself in the most comfy-cozy little hobbit room I can conjure.
I think I've said enough. If you didn't already, you must really think I'm a nut now! Here are some images that spark my imagination.
 |
| Lord of the Rings movie |
 |
| Lord of the Rings movie |
I'll bet I'm not alone. Are there fantastic things or places that you wish were real? Do you, as an adult, still have an imagination? Isn't it great?
There is something to the idea that we could embrace our wee bellies instead of sucking them in all the time:)
ReplyDeleteI like it! Those cottages look super cozy and sweet! BTW, I am going to email you soon!
ReplyDelete