Thursday, August 19, 2010

pancakes, potty, movie and more

Celia has been back to eating well in the last few days. I think her little eating strike is finally over. It has helped that she has a new favorite breakfast to dig into every morning. I made a big batch of whole wheat pancakes with a variety of mix-ins, and froze them. Instead of syrup I put some yogurt in a little dish and she dips the pancake in.


She loves anything involving dip, so whenever possible I give her a little something to dip her food into.


We've also had continued success on the potty. We don't make Celia use the potty if she doesn't want to, just ask if she does. Sometimes she decides to sit all by herself, and other times I encourage her to when I know she'll be successful (after nap and when she wakes up in the morning). She has also started telling me when she's going in her diaper, so I know she's developing a greater awareness. If we keep doing things the way we are, I wouldn't be surprised if she eventually trains herself. We certainly have plenty of time to just see what happens since she's so young.

Insisted on sitting on the potty with a book yesterday, waiting 'till she had to pee!
Yesterday my parents visited, so Celia was kept very busy entertaining her guests. I had an 8 mile run. It was cloudy and cool so I kept a nice pace. I may take today off because my legs are still feeling tired from earlier in the week. I would much rather miss a 5 mile run than be poorly rested for my 18 miler this weekend. Maybe some yoga or elliptical tonight instead...

Last night we started watching Avatar. I say "started" because I go to bed so early that there's no way we could watch it all in one night. I was very skeptical, but as it went on I did get more into it. I can see why it's so popular and I was starting to like it about an hour in. Do you remember all the news stories about people feeling depressed after seeing Avatar? Because the Avatar fantasy world is so beautiful and amazing that the real world seems bleak and sad in comparison? So ridiculous. You could say that about any Disney movie, no? It seems good so far, but not worth all the hype.

We went to Celia's music class this morning. She wasn't that into it by the end and actually wanted to leave before class was over! I realized afterward that she was probably hungry. She ate most of a pumpkin muffin in the car on the way home. After her nap we need to grocery shop this afternoon, and tomorrow's supposed to be another beautiful day so maybe we'll go to the beach in the morning. Now, time to figure out what's for dinner while Pita's still napping. I haven't felt very motivated to meal plan lately.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my - I just stopped by your blog after you commented on mine (thanks for the congrats and the compliments!!). I have to say I am shocked that we have the same name and I actually have been saving the name Celia for one of my future daughters for a few years. I never have heard of anyone using that name so it is just a little shocking to me. What a beautiful little girl with a beautiful name! I'm off to read more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the potty success, that is HUGE!!! Emily wasn't interested until 3 1/2 years but it actually turned out great afterall. Go with it, as you are already doing, letting her lead the way!

    ReplyDelete