Monday, August 9, 2010

miscellaneous monday ramblings

1. First and of utmost importance, Celia has discovered a new method of putting on shoes:


2) After two weeks of Celia and me being sick, attending two weddings and lots of travel, we're now back to our typical weekly schedule. It's nice to be back in a routine and almost finished with the mountain of laundry I had to wash.

3) Yesterday I made a slow cooker chicken for Chris and Celia (you can read all about my love of whole chickens
here). I'm very proud of myself, because I also made an alternate vegan dinner for myself! I made this recipe, with green beans instead of asparagus.

4) We've started giving Celia peanut butter, and she loves peanut butter sandwiches. This is so nice because she can be picky, and now we have another healthy and easy go-to meal for her.

5) My running mileage kicks up another notch this week. I'll be running 41 miles, including a 17 mile long run. Yowzers!

6) My September House Beautiful has arrived, and I'm busy filing away ideas from it in my inspiration binder for our future house.

7) Do you remember getting to sit on the kitchen counter to watch or "help" when you were little? Celia's big enough now that she can sit and watch me work at the counter! She's old enough to sit still and just watch me. This keeps her happy at times when I need two hands to get something done and she's fussing to be picked up.

Nothing like a big ol' squash for entertainment. She kept calling it a banana :)

8) Pita's hair is finally getting long enough that I might try a little barrette to keep it out of her face in the front. I can't quite picture how it will look. It's getting to be at an awkward length.


9) Celia can say her full name now- first, middle, and last! Oh, and the other day she climbed on my lap, said "Mama, love you" and gave me a big hug. Could there be anything better than that?

10) I may or may not have eaten an absolutely massive amount of snack food while writing this post.

3 comments:

  1. Great Miscellany Monday!!! Love the squash pictures. And I love how your Celia can say her name. So sweet.

    Blessings on your monday.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too cute, I miss that stage #1. They are so creative! Happy Misc. Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's so so cute! Thank for your randomness. Wish you well on the run!

    ~blessings

    Dorcas
    http://4sweetangels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete