Now that I know for sure there aren't any big changes coming, it's really time to get into high gear for back-to-work readiness! I have a long list of things to get done before next week. Some, luckily, are already done and Celia loves to "help" me and play on her own when I'm doing projects upstairs.
- Get lunch boxes for Celia and me. Done
- Order prints so we have updated pictures of Pita. Done
- Assemble a bucket of cleaning spray, rags, toilet brush and cleaner to keep downstairs. We have three levels, and having separate supplies for the bottom level will make it much more convenient to clean down there. If everything's there it only takes a few minutes to clean the bathroom and hall.
- Declutter bathroom closets. We have so many things that should be thrown out.
- Go through my closet and donate anything I won't wear this fall, or haven't worn all summer. Done
- Declutter the kitchen drawer I use as a catch-all.
- Make dinners to freeze for the school year.
- Sign Celia up for a fall music (or maybe gym?) class. Done
- Pack up my things for work (which means going through everything, organizing, deciding what toys and materials to bring/get rid of)
- Appreciate and enjoy my last week of being a full-time stay at home mom for the summer!
Fran Freezer!
Fran is my birthday gift from my parents. We went to get her yesterday, and as we were getting back in the car I said "I'm so excited!". Chris gave me a strange look. "You're excited?" And I realized that I truly must be getting old if I think a freezer is a really exciting birthday present. Fran is going to make life so much easier! I can stock up on things we like to have on hand and freeze more dinners ahead of time. During the school year dinner time is so much easier when I have something already made in the freezer. I would have liked to have gotten started making things a lot sooner, but if there was a chance we'd be moving there was no sense in getting the freezer. Now we have it and I can get started.
What's on your to-do list now that the season's changing and school's starting up?
Finish putting up the guttering along the back of our house.
ReplyDeleteCheck windows and recaulk those that need it.
Get the fire place insert and vent repaired so we don't have a blizzard blow through the house in the winter.
Clean out my studio so I can start working on some bigger art pieces.
Plant fall flowers.
Weed and extend the back yard walkway.
Aren't you glad you asked?
So much to so to, so little time!
ReplyDeleteJust went shoe shopping with the girls and am gearing them up for back to school. Then I need to tackle my office. It looks like a tornado blew through there!
I am pretty much ignoring that list right now, and reading blogs instead! It'll catch up to me soon though!
ReplyDeleteOMG, I have a Fran Freezer, too... the exact same one actually! And I have to tell you how much I love it, it's exceeded all my expectations! Yea!
ReplyDeleteEmily is entering Preschool officially for the 2010-2011 school year and my to do list is:
* label all her hoddies/vests/jackets
* purchase sunscreen for her cubby
* refill Epi-pen Rx for her cubby
* get her an alarm clock