Friday, April 9, 2010

friday fantasy

I'm completely worn out tonight. Celia only napped for a total of 35 minutes today. She was completely exhausted all day and it took a lot of work to keep her happy. To save my sanity, it's time to enter my special little dream world full of fabulous fictional things that will happen this weekend.

1. Sleep in a little, then have a leisurely breakfast with lots of coffee and the newspaper.
2. Go for a couple of meditative long runs.
3. Browse books at Barnes and Noble for an unlimited amount of time.
4. Browse Target for nothing in particular and end up with a full basket of fun random stuff.
6. Go out for dinner somewhere yummy. Have really good red wine.
7. Take a bubble bath.
8. Spend lots of time outside, checking gardening tasks off my to-do list.
9. Watch whatever I want on TV for an hour.
10. Have plenty of time to relax with the books I'm reading. 

I'm well aware that none of these dream activities include a 14-month-old, and I have no guilt about that. Mommy needs a little break, in her dream world if not in real life!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your super sweet comment on my blog! I heart taking Kelcee to Target and browsing on days when she is um cooperative LOL....I just love the dollar bins and the new Liberty London clothing line for kids super cute! Love your dream world relaxing ideas....they are soooo mine to....

    xoxo
    Summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah! Thanks for the comment on my blog. You have a very sweet blog yourself. I love your list of things to do by yourself, most of those are things I enjoy. Every mother needs some time alone or you'll go crazy!
    I read that you are trying to become vegan. Have you read the China Study? It's an amazing book and I switched overnight from a so called vegetarian to a vegan 3 years ago because of it. Also I recommend a book called Disease Proof Your Kids by Joel Fuhrman, M.D.
    If you have any questions just e-mail me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to be following your blog, I really love the background and your gardening posts (I have a black thumb so, consider me jealous!). :)

    And you do need to make some time for yourself for sure, you work hard! Good luck finding some "me" time!

    ReplyDelete