Saturday, April 3, 2010

day out with the pita

I woke up feeling like a zombie this morning. Celia was up for almost two hours in the middle of the night.

At first I thought she was too hot, so I changed her pajamas. I rocked her and gave her a binkie.

She wanted to hang out and talk about our cats. Hmm... She cried when I explained it was still night time and put her in the crib.

So, I asked if she was hungry and she said she was- which she does by making eating noises :). She had a bottle. I put her in the crib and she cried again.

So, I rocked her to sleep and she cried yet again when I put her down. Finally when nothing else could be done, I left her to fall asleep on her own and checked in every 5-10 minutes (we used the Ferber method with her about 6 months ago). I could tell that she wasn't truly upset or hurting, just MAD! She had a full out toddler-style tantrum that slowly petered out until 40 minutes later she finally fell asleep. I think her teething might have been bothering her because she has a handful of top teeth coming in. Even so, the tantrum was a little over the top. Unfortunately you can't use that reasoning with a baby who's 14 months going on 2 years...

Celia did at least sleep in this morning and it was nice to still be in bed at quarter of seven. We all ate and got dressed. Chris left for work, and while Celia took her morning nap I packed up a picnic blanket, lunches, bubbles to play with, and a diaper bag. I wanted to take full advantage of the beautiful weather.

First we went out shopping. Celia has become very attached to her lovey, "Dog". I wanted to look for a second one so I can get hers washed more easily and to have an extra in case something happens to it. But, the store was out of them. We did get her some really cute warm weather clothes.


Then we went to our town common for a picnic lunch! Pita had a great time sitting on the blanket to eat, walking all around, and watching all the people and cars.



She wanted to walk everywhere but is still a little unsteady on the grass and uneven surfaces.


She loved sitting on this bench! Every time I mentioned leaving the bench to do something else she said "No, more!"


So we just sat for a while enjoying the warm sunshine and the scenery.


It was very relaxing! I'm so excited to do fun things like this all summer.

Now we're home and Celia's having a nap after her busy morning. We'll spend the rest of the afternoon playing and taking a walk, and hopefully Chris won't be home too late. The only other thing I can wish for is a better night's sleep tonight!

1 comment: