Wednesday, March 3, 2010

nag, nag, nag

A new study has come out showing that men in unhappy marriages are 64% more likely to die of a stroke than happily married men. This does make sense because high levels of stress can impact health. The same results applied to non-married couples.

You know what the media are claiming makes men unhappy in their marriages? Nagging. Clearly the news reports come to conclusions not necessarily drawn by the researchers. Even so, this concerns me for a few reasons.

Number One: I have a husband.
Number Two: My husband is nagged frequently by his wife.
Number Three: My husband does not have a very good life insurance policy.
Number Four: If I had to stop nagging, how would the dirty socks get in the hamper?

4 comments:

  1. SheBlogger,
    The media only have this half right: nagging and over spending by wives is what's killing American men.
    NightRunner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh oh, my blog has been infiltrated. Come now Blub, I know that's you raining on all my blogging fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me laugh! I have never thought of myself as a "nag"!!! But one day, my sweetie told me ,"if I just didn't nag, I would be perfect!". I was shocked by this and I told him that I did not know that I EVER NAGGED, could he please give me a example... he said well, like today, we were in the car and you wanted me to put the mail in the mailbox and you kept shaking it in my direction...(notice no words were said by me) then after we got back to the car you tapped on the window with your nail to remind me that the door was locked...(again, NO WORDS were spoken...) these were his two examples!!! I said do you even know what nagging means???? Can you give me a example where I said something... he said you are a silent nagger.

    ReplyDelete