
This weekend we were out of the house for a good part of Saturday and stayed home all day today. Yesterday I went out to get a baby gift for the daughter of one of Chris's co-workers. Then we went to deliver it and ended up visiting for a couple of hours. It was fun to socialize for a while and Celia had a fantastic time. As usual, she loved meeting new people and playing in a new place. Then we went home, got take-out, and Chris and I had a nice relaxing dinner after Celia went to bed.
Today we stayed home and I've gotten a lot done around the house- lots of decluttering and getting little chores done that have been piling up. Like ironing. Ugh! Does anyone like ironing?? At least Celia had a good time with her Daddy.

Speaking of Daddy, Chris and I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning despite the fact that Celia slept late and we got lots of sleep. We were totally annoyed with each other all morning, but we seem to be back to normal this afternoon. Maybe we're just cranky and blue because we've been thinking about an old friend that we're really missing these days.

Ah, spring! Will she ever return to us? Today has been one in a line of several days of cold, clouds, snow, wind, and hail. I am SO ready for warm sunshine, longer days, green grass and flowers. I can't wait to take Celia on walks every day and take her to the playground for the first time. Oh, and grilling on the deck, smelling freshly cut grass, wearing flip flops, leaving the windows open, wearing sunglasses and actually needing them...
What do you look forward to when you think about spring?
I am right there with you! We woke up cranky this morning as well. Spring will be here soon!
ReplyDelete